Gerry Keon was born in Dorset in 1942. He and his family moved back to London in 1945.
He studied painting at Hornsey College of Art 1959-1962, and Byam Shaw College of Art 1962-1963.
In 1966 he moved to Leeds, and taught on the Foundation Course at Jacob Kramer College, returning to London in 1984, where he currently lives.
- Yorkshire Artists, City Art Gallery
- City Institute Gallery
- Leeds Polytechnic Gallery
- Leeds University Senior Common Room
- Jacob Kramer College
- Air Gallery 1978
- Francis Kyle Gallery – solo shows in 1991, 1994, 1996 and 1998, and contributed to three group shows
- The Living Room Gallery, Greenwich: “Kerb Scrawlers” 1994
- Singer – Friedlander Sunday Times Watercolour Exhibition -2002, 2003, 2009, and 2010
- The Discerning Eye, 2003, 2005, 2009
- Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2010
- SE1 Gallery, 2007
- Old Contemporaries, Islington Arts Centre, March 2011
- Mixed show at Jewish Centre of the Arts, Hampstead 2012
- Granger Gallery, solo show 2008 and mixed shows
- Three Artists 2009: Gerry Keon, Arthur Neal NEAC, William Packer NEAC
- OK Harris Gallery, solo show 2009
- OK Harris Gallery, solo show 2012
- Château de Regnéville-sur-Mer, 2014
Permanent collections include...
- The Guildhall Gallery, London
- The Arts Council of England
- The Edward F. Albee Foundation, New York
- Ivan and Marilynn Karp, New York